From Thursday 12 April public health measures will ease, including relaxed capacity limits for gatherings and hospitality and refined close contact definitions.
This will mean:
- Masks required indoors.
- 2sqm rule will continue to apply to places of worship and other church buildings, including weddings and funerals with no other capacity limits.
- Contact registration is only required for hospital visits.
A close contact is now defined as:
- A household member or intimate partner of a person with COVID-19 who has had contact with them during their infectious period;
- someone who has had close personal interaction with a person with COVID-19 during their infectious period, where they spent four (4) hours of cumulative contact with them in a residential setting, (ie a home, accommodation facility) where masks have been removed by both people for all of this period,
- someone who is directed by WA Health that they are a close contact.
Learn more at WA.gov.au.
With many thanks for your cooperation with this important public health initiative.
Your priest and friend,