Features of Special Interest
- The style and architecture of the church which may be described as "Victorian Gothic Revival" echoes architectural components often found in English medieval parish churches.
- Shingled roof - last replaced in 1999.
- The twelve "Corinthian" style iron columns (representing the twelve apostles) were cast in the Perth foundry of Wright and Gibb.
- The pulpit and eagle lectern were made in 1902 by Perth woodcarver, William Howitt.
- The pipe organ originally built in 1926 was extended and modified in 1967 and the console was moved to its present location during a major renovation in 1994.
- The large square altar was carved by Michael Chaney and consecrated by Archbishop Peter Carnley in 1997.
- Icons written by Marice Sariola include: The Great Crucifix which reveals St John the Evangelist's view of Christ's death, Our Lady of Tenderness and Christ Pantocrator.
- Spaces of interest include: the Oratory (formerly the Vestry), the Beryl Cook meeting room (formerly the Choir Vestry), the Bell-ringing room (Catherine Hope Room).
- The beautiful windows reflect a range of aesthetic, religious and commemorative interests.